Thursday, September 18, 2003

Wow so it's been a little while. The weather was so nice I guess I didn't think to update? It's been a busy couple of days. Yesterday I had my seminar and then in the evening I went to a Spanish movie, a movie out of Chile, translates to "The Sentimental Teaser." Three stories in one, finding out some people were very disturbed by the second one about an incest case... uhm... yeah, it was kinda graphic, esp. for people with sexually violent pasts...

Saw the psycho girl at lunch today. No confrontations though. Had a bouncy walk with Newton, he was in an especially happy mood. He walks like he hasn't got a thought in his head (which is probably the case). This evening I went with D. Becky to the Diane Arbus lecture, which was good but a little too slow paced. But the speaker was too distinguished to complain about something like that... They had the excellent bar cookies there, the chocolate/cheesecake/raspberry layered chunks of divinity... I'm guessing about 400 calories per serving, but what the hell?

Got everyone to go down for the RAD event and then heard Chicago playing in Elise & Ashley's room so I joined them... great movie! Everyone else had already seen it multiple times... But D. Becky was in my room I found so tomorrow I'm going to keep better track of her and drag her to a comedy show!!

I called Merrie tonight (haha, hi Mer, as I know you'll be reading this!) since she's housesitting for the Fosters (without the meat chickens, thankfully). Got an email from Mum, she's adopted our nickname of "Shelley" pronounced Shell-ay. Ha! It's funny though, it could have been her legitimate nickname (richelle, shelley).

Must start doing more work this weekend. Wrote a new version of my travel statement of purpose... I took two naps today. The first was just resting really, the second I slept in earnest. Had a bad dream about trying to leave some evil haunted town.

No comments: