Wednesday, September 03, 2003

Another gloomy sorta day... It was cloudy & finally rained after dinner. I was definitely on the verge of crying at many different points of the day, without really a clear reason... Checking in with Dale, this was a common thing. I should have just let loose at some point but I didn't. Just been quite down in the dumps with this nasty weather. Convocation was, well, much tamer than usual. Jo Jo gave a reprimand to the seniors about drinking... "Convocation used to be held in the evenings, then in the afternoon, then last year after the picnic, now this year we're doing it before the picnic, and the way things are going next year we'll have it before breakfast."

Got my ticket for the Omar Sosa Octet today, & Dale helped me move stuff from Abbey's trunk room to our trunk room. Talked to D. Becky & did back massage services again. Maybe that'll be my back up plan in case I can't find a job when I get out of college... Dinner at Wilder with Lindsay (hadn't seen her in quite some time!) & our North Delle group (now mostly a Pearsons group, although D Becky is in a more centrally located place). We had lots of sweets & shirley temples.

This evening I did laundry while at the Honor Code Ceremony... the laundry, all wet, was taken and put on a table top. I hope things didn't fall on the floor. The ceremony was, er, nice... The Glee Club was relaxing to listen to. They had catered bar cookies, unfortunately I didn't get a chocolate raspberry one. I had a pecan something or other. Poor me! Always in search of those things. Floor activity fare?

Walking home with hot chocolate in the drizzle & the dark & the headlights reflected in puddles, I got rather sad again. It's lonely here even when I'm surrounded by people. Bad new feeling.

I am selling the huge rug, and with the money from it I am going to buy a rolly chair & a small rug so I can still enjoy the hardwood floors.

Got Mum's postcard today, much appreciated. It is up on a bulletin board now.

Classes start tomorrow, I'm getting up early to try to get into the 8 am yoga class. We'll see how that goes. Must go! I've been quite bad and haven't even done all my reading for Quillian's first class!

No comments: