Monday, September 29, 2003

When I woke up at like 8 today I was like "why the hell isn't it MD?" Blue skies and sunny early in the morning, and me, tired and ready to get back in bed. Walking Newton, everything was dewy but fresh. We didn't walk for a full hour this time, and we didn't go near any ducks. I read some before my 11 o'clock Spanish class. That class bored the hell out of me, btw. I wanted to sleep. P. is the devil. Why couldn't I miss THAT class? Now MD will be tomorrow (or the weather forecast has not been viewed by our dear Jojo) when all my GOOD classes are that I will feel CHEATED if I miss.

I walked Kobe as it was overcast, we went down Woodbridge and onto "The Knolls" or some such oddly named side road. Seemed a little gothic-eery walking with the rain clouds and buzzing birds. Very still... could imagine either otherwordly things happening or early American philosophers/writers sitting about out in "the primordial forest." It started raining on the way home and I realized why it was not MD.

While reading the sky was better and better, and by 5 the patch out my window was blue and clear again. 15 minutes later as Dale and I tried to go to dinner it started pouring its wet heart out. We walked with our firsties to the Rockies in the thunder and pouring-ness, and I noted that towards the southwest it was blue and clear. Decided that at Smith it probably wasn't raining. "Why aren't we at SMITH?" (MHC is far superior, I just had a moment of angst. Maybe because they stole our MD last Weds...)

Mango: most frequently yummy. Had some at dinner.

Had a piercing and drinking conversation/advice session with the firsties, as three of our four ADs sat at the table next to us. Riiiiight...

Thought I missed the hall committee meeting, but I didn't. Uhm... we had a huge theft in my neighbors' room. Kelly of PS came over. That was odd. She was in my room... in her uniform...

Meeting was fun, usually are. MD had better be tomorrow. I'm staying up all late. Goodnight, now.

No comments: