Wednesday, September 24, 2003

Oh no! My once a day updates have become once every two day updates! Wow. So I haven't written about Tuesday's rain yet. That was intense, Chicken Little would have committed suicide, "the sky is falling!" Woke up to thick gray skies, pouring, at some point I had dreamed it was mountain day, but, obviously it couldn't have been, we would have gotten carried off the mountain in great rivers of rain. I got pretty damp, especially around the ankles, and sat through all my classes till 4 pm. Emerging from Clapp, the rain had recently stopped and the weather was acting all conciliatory-like. Clouds moving off and the first sunlight of the day. Dinner in Prospect with the deconstruction group, a good dinner finally! The grilled salmon/caesar salad thing. I had some happy dappy moments in the library getting derrida books and printing up posters for mountain day and our bubble magnet/tack floor activity. Stayed up late making little flashcards for art history.

This morning was also not mountain day. I finished up my applications for the Karen Snyder Sullivan Travel Memorial Award (woo, breathe). Had my meeting with the HP. Turned in the applications (YES!) and read Spanish. That class wasn't so dry today. Rushed from Blanchard as if I really had to get to class half an hour early. Our group went last, Kaitlyn did our "what is deconstructionism?" intro. We were all polished in our corner of the class. I was getting all nervous to talk, as always, but at least I didn't choke up totally, I managed to spit out words. There's one guy in our class now, sexual orientation not yet known.

After, had the poetry reading. Lukewarm poetry, nothing striking for me, really. Uhm. Some people are really into adopting foreign poem structures & stealing Shakespeare's rhyme schemes. Mary Jo seemed to like that stuff. Personally I would rather not write a poem with the same rhymes as sonnet number 20. Apparently there's some project of "20 poems ripping off sonnet number 20." I won't be reading those.

Now it's all late... studied with our firsties for art history tomorrow. Argh. Mountain Day, please? If it is, I'll get woken up with a phone call at like 6 am so I can hang up the little signs I made to alert people to get back in bed. Actually I want it on a Monday so I can miss my dreaded Spanish class ... preferably this coming Monday when our papers are due.

No comments: