Tuesday, September 16, 2003

On my way to yoga this morning the sky was still gray and cloudy, as I walked into the art building around 10:20 AM there were patches of blue behind the clouds to the west, but cloudy and stormy to the east still. By the time art history 100 was over, stepping outside was dazzling... the western sky won over. Verse writing was ok, that's going to be a class with a strange dynamic. People like to talk too much, and some people are way, way too defensive of what they wrote. We talked about 7 student produced poems in like freaking 2 hours. No offense, but our things aren't that good or that deep to spend that much time on. We need to get down to the criticism right away, tell people what sucked and then move on. Back home I relaxed with Dale's Cosmo, then had dinner at Blanchard. Came back to read over the 101 sexy things to do in Dale's new Cosmo, laughed quite a bit... uhm... some of that stuff was really skanky, but, whatever. No making out in bar restrooms for me!

Had a moment of "dear God what am I going to do now?" when Dale left. Curled up on bed, fell asleep. Woke up and started reading art history like mad. Had a conversation on IM, showered, just got done with reading... going to turn in a horrible reading response tomorrow, but... I didn't know what to write about. Upon rereading it I definitely wasn't impressed with myself. I'll have to be better about that next week, pick a topic, think on it for awhile, commit and write...

No comments: