Monday, September 15, 2003

I woke up at 6 and it was dark like 3 am. My bed canopy was tilted to one side so I thought to stand up and straighten it out, but I was wobbly and tripping up and felt faint. I realized that my stomach felt rather tempestuous. Went to the bathroom and stood over the toilet for a bit hoping to throw up. Didn't happen. Went back to bed. Almost overslept after continually plopping back into bed and curling up towards the wall. Felt rather weak and sick still. Felt esp. weak and sick when thinking about the sandwich I ate last night.That's gradually worn off though, just felt it again during dinner.

Kobe didn't want to go out once I led us back to the house in search of an umbrella (lightly raining). Finally with the formality of changing collars we were able to go out and fetch sticks. No pottying, however. The one time in the last 48 hours that I didn't have my umbrella it poured. I waited awhile, it died down. Took Kobe out hoping she'd potty. No such luck. Started raining harder, I waited it out. Set out in a slow rain, ended up at Pearson's in earnest rain and drenched hair. Realized looking in a mirror the situation wasn't as grotesque as I felt, but nearly so. Luckily some woman joked at me "At least it's cooled off now!" or I'd have been quite self conscious in my "drowned rat" state.

The fun continued after I ate something for lunch. Newton and I went out for a spin, he was very lively today but I had to plead with him to let me get to the garbage to throw out his potty bag without letting go the leash. His father was there, hope he didn't think I was too harsh with silly Newton. Dog became very active in anticipation of a treat. He's quite a bouncy fellow and always wagging his tale and his puppy eyes under all that mopish fur, really an endearing breed... People keep asking what type he is and get confused if I say PBGV, and are further confused when I try to say it out for them.

Dale & I took a short trip to the Big Y. I had to shower before because I was in a bad way with the hair and dampness. Hall committee meeting, finished A Portrait... and wrote a roughie reading response. Will need to redo my travel statement soon... Uhm... I'm about ready for bed. That's about it for me tonight.

No comments: