Saturday, September 27, 2003

Good day. Emerged for good from bed at 11:30. Somehow got ready in under half an hour for "lunch" at the rockies. Dale gave Marilyn the checker woman chocolate & we ate some sketchy as hell cuisine. Back to home sweet dorm for laundry; wasted time looking for nonexistent articles on Huidobro's "Luna" or any short explanation not on the internet of el creacionismo. Oops. 3:30 settled down with the chocolate cookies and wrote a page and a half. Dinner in wilder, good (compared to earlier meal), a talk with D. Becky on massages and lingerie, another half a page written. Attended someone's senior thesis play, "Folding." We had mixed feelings on it. Luckily Heather remembered lines like "there's no exit!" and something else (that true to character I am forgetting now) that was right out of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead. The script was pretty good, but the woman who wrote it tried too hard to be funny in introducing things. It was painful. Anyways, if it weren't for No Exit, R. & G. are Dead, and Endgame, it would have been more original. But it was an interesting contribution to my existentialist play experience.

Saw members of the opposite sex today while walking to and from library. Wow. Felt nervous and unsure of whether or not to make eye contact. Uhm. That's probably why no one ever asks me on a date, right?

Finished my paper after the play. Dale & I watched Empire Records with Miranda and another Pearsonite. That movie never gets boring. I wish in middle school I could have dressed up as Corey for Rex Manning Day.

In further news, I am now signing myself up for every catalog and mailing list I can find in hopes of always having mail in box number 2184. My last spree (during first year) has apparently worn off, as I get no junk mail.

No comments: