Thursday, September 11, 2003

Hmmm. Art History 100 was cancelled this morning, so after yoga I had, uhm, lots of free time. I went with Emily M. to Atkins for some random food stuffs, then spent my "lunch" money on for fun food at Blanchard. For some reason I feel a need to justify myself to the lunch checker out woman. "I'm going to regret this later, but I'm really thirsty right now!" For heaven's sake, just take the drinks and run! I had my little walk with Newton, I didn't exhaust him this time around. Mosquitoes were biting and I wanted to get home and eat something. I ended up taking a nap after opening the care package from Mum (which was a super duper happy thing with candy and breakfast stuffs in it). Upon waking I went to, I think her name is Hajira, well I went to her apartment to pick up the rolly chair advertised. Ok, so the rolly chair isn't exactly a wonderful huge cooshy thing, but it's rather nice and I like it better than my other chair. Plus she gave me a husband pillow thing for free. So now I have sitting room for like 7 or 8 people comfortably. Too bad I don't do parties... Had to rearrange my room for the new stuff. The chair at least I can store easily over the summer, and with any luck I'll find a first year to will all my room stuffs to when I'm a senior. Unless, of course, I for some reason want and am able to bring it home to Oregon.

Had a homework free evening, too. I ate dinner with Miranda at Ham & we talked English lit & Quillian. She recommended Stephen Kellogg, so after dinner we hurried over to Blanchard for a couple of hours of music. The opening act, Nini something or other, was good AND humorous. She did a cool loop instrumental thing. Then Stephen Kellogg and his crew came on. Very charismatic and flirtatious group. So of course we loved them. Especially the lead, very, very hot... unfortunately, very, very married. I stuck around and met up with Dale for the movie immediately following. The Best Man, great "chick flick" for a boring night. There's nothing quite like watching a movie like that with a roomful of women. I had some iced coffee AND chocolate cake, so I'm, uh, really awake right now.

Anyway. Tomorrow I get to do homework & hall committee stuff. Oh, a very exciting announcement coming up this Sunday, 9:30 PM, whole hall meeting, the dining room. Something that will warrant lots of hooting and clapping.

No comments: