Monday, September 22, 2003

Hmmm. Yesterday I had brunch in the Rockies for the second time ever. Read in the library. Went with Elise to pick up Dale in Springfield, high potential for getting lost. We got lost only after we found Dale, which was good, because we were late. Dinner was good company, bad food. Yay Jenn for reading my blog! =) Motivation to actually update!

Today I had to get up early (as in around 8) to turn in my poem. Uh... not my idea of a good reason to wake up when my first class isn't till 11. Well, I motivated myself to walk Newton before class which was good, since I had the old counseling appointment in the afternoon AND Kobe to walk. I inadvertently walked up to Yelling Girl by Wilder. We had, uhm, a conversation. She seemed really mild and friendly. Odd.

"So where's the dog from?"

"Oh, he's a professor's. He's pretty good, it's just he likes to get in the flower beds and once FM yelled at us... but it's fun..." [rambling or something, I don't know]

"Oh that's cool, so do you get paid?"

"Yeah, and it's something I can do, I'm not good at like clerical work... but dogs I can do..." [Newton pulls me off stage]

Ok, so you have no idea how long afterwards I was reanalyzing what I said for ways in which she could take it as an insult. Is Yelling Girl the dog or the FM man that yells at me?

Anyway. Kobe walked, well, a bit of a ways, it wasn't a very long walk, so luckily she unearthed a baseball from under some brush (I thought she was just playing around with the shrubbery) that we played fetch with. Cute girl, but likes to jump like a freaking kangaroo. She licked me in the mouth during one well planned jump.

Oh. So the poems are, uhm, really long that a lot of people wrote for Verse Writing class tomorrow. Loaded with sentimentalities and cliches...

Speaking of cliches, I ran into Corinne Demas while picking up said poems for class tomorrow. She was really enthusiastic in insisting that her short story seminar is mandatory for me. I told her I wanted to take it but wasn't sure I'd get in. Whoa. My life is already planned for next semester? On the way out I had a chat with Amy Martin about being an SA and running errands. Came out of all that trying not to smile like a goof. I love that professors actually remember us on this campus.

Dinner meeting was funny, we aren't buying that we were "randomly selected" as a group. Jenn & Megan had to endure our "plans" for Weds. Lindsay and Johanna joined Dale and Michelle and I after. Grilled salmon and caesar salad pairing (remember going there last spring with Kathleen and Lindsay! I think we have a picture of that). Hall committee meeting, gossipy. Or at least it felt that way.

Now I guess I should be doing my art history reading but I'm horribly unmotivated to crack open that huge textbook.


No comments: