Thursday, May 06, 2004

I had an awesome day! I got up kind of late (it was nice sleeping with the sun shining out my window), and then went to lunch with Dale. [aside for Jaime's benefit: I had a truly lackluster lunch, it was Thanksgiving/Mexican food.] We then went on a Kobe walk, on a different route than I normally take. Kobe about killed me when Dale rescued a bird trapped in the garage area. That dog is a beast. It was a perfect, warm day -- twice some guys working initiated conversations with me and Dale. Luckily we were together so it didn't seem so sketchy and we could joke about it. Like what are they going to do? Ask what kind of dog Kobe is, and then ask for our phone numbers? So we acted really close and stuff so people would leave us be...

Anywho, we then waited for Miranda for awhile, thinking she wanted to go to Flayvors with us. Ends up she didn't want to go, but me and Dale forged ahead with the plan. It was lovely ... ice cream, cows, and working out on the grass in the sun. I got a few pages written, and we napped a bit. The cows strangely connected to what I was writing about... think camel udder boxes (and cows definitely have udders).

After a really relaxing afternoon, me and Dale headed back to MHC. We had dinner at MacG and listened to some truly disgusting conversations while we ate. Like, about really long fingernails, and guys "vacuuming faces." We were basically exposed to waaayy too much information from the next table over, which seemed to be TRYING to be VERY loud in advertising their private info. that me and Dale definitely didn't want to hear. Ick.

Then it was off to the dessert banquet for graduating SAW seniors and us incoming kids (yay!) Yummy chocolate cake and strawberries and cream. Cool shirts. Emily Mack's hilarious mentoring drawings.

And some cool news -- I got a reply from Pearsons Education about an internship. They pay 12$/hour, so if it's full time and 40 hours a week, I'd end up making 400$ more in the space of two months than I would make at warm2kids for the full three months. Going to do a phone interview and see what happens.

Finished my essay for Quillian! So now I just should proofread (but some things aren't fixable, ie, my essay for Siraj).

Oh! And I found out that Miranda and I have a Christopher Pike connection!

Awesome thing that Mer wrote in her blog:
"Possibly the tackiest way to hydrate: "Nylon patriotic water bottle holder necklaces: These adjustable 36" cords will keep your water bottle handy."
You read right. Oriental Trading Co. claims that wearing a water bottle around your neck is ok."

No comments: