Sunday, November 02, 2003

Well, to start from the beginning...

Friday night Lindsay and I didn't quite make it to noho... We ended up on the mall bus instead (long story, but luckily Kaitlyn came by and reminded us of Hampshire Halloween), and we had a great time shopping. Pink scarf set, sweaters, toiletries... very successful, I think. Sat. I did some reading but there are so very many distractions with people knocking on my door all the time! But I did complete a few chapters before Andrew arrived. We delayed hiking for a bit, "listened to Selena," and then, when it was a bit dusky and cloudy out we drove over. I think we ended up on the "Laurel Loop" trail, which was short but very pretty. Really warm out, I was walking around in a tank top, believe it or not.

Later, Andrew drove Dale, Jos, and me to the concert (I think we're a bit of a distraction in a car), dale wasn't feeling so well and she had no idea where we were going. Anyway, Dale wouldn't have been able to find a parking spot if she had driven us! Dale and Jos proceeded to show us up (they were all over each other), and we ended up in the "chaperoning" role as they went off in search of lingerie and toy shops. About half the second floor of Pearson's went to the same Italian restaurant for dinner, we were seated right by Irene and Rebecca's group! Katie and Emily were in the streets, and the girl from Buckland last year was at the concert. A little disconcerting!

The concert was great, the opener was a bit tipsy and rambling, but had a pretty voice. As for Badly Drawn Boy: Mer, I think you'd like the rest of his songs as well! He came on wearing a jacket, hat, and scarf. No idea how he stayed at a decent temperature. The band played toward the second half, we liked that. Then he started that Journey song, the one played all the time on the radio? "midnight train... born and raised in south detroit... smokey room... smell of wine and cheap perfume"? He definitely made fun of Coldplay twice while on stage, and he was smoking. And the manager person held up a flashlight so he could read lyrics. Lots of entertaining things going on simultaneously...

Chilly when we left the Iron Horse... hit the hay about as soon as we got back, as it was nearly 2 am. Dale & Jos sent emails to Victor the snake breeder (snakes eat rats, right?); got a late night call on that one! Jos sent a scathing email in reply.

Today we all had brunch in Abbey again, it wasn't terribly crowded though (despite parent's weekend). Watched High Fidelity, I'm cheating and seeing the movie rather than reading the book first =) Listened to the Mundy CD Mer, I like it more the more I hear it.

Well, now, poor me, back to work =(

No comments: