Tuesday, November 11, 2003

Saw the first snow from the windows of Clapp today!

Uhm, a lot of my day has been spent reading Ulysses, so that's what I'm going to put here, a little section from Chapter 17 (the chapter written in questions and answers, like a catechism):

"What spectacle confronted them when they, first the host, then the guest, emerged silently, doubly dark, from obscurity by a passage from the rear of the house into the penumbra of the garden?

The heaventree of stars hung with humid nightblue fruit."

note: in my text it actually says "rere" instead of "rear" but I didn't want to put brackets in the above quote explaining that I don't know if it's an "on purpose" error or not, so I just corrected it so we'd all read it and appreciate the sound and sense without worrying about typos =)

No comments: