Tuesday, July 15, 2003

Today was Mum's boyfriend's sister in law's birthday. Mom & I went over to see her briefly and drop off presents (an apple pie we made & glass coasters from Pier 1 with an orange lily of the valley from the garden). Mom's been sick, so we couldn't stay long. A wandering pitbull "attacked" Mum. Definitely an unneutered male, young and playful and untrained. The damn thing was jumping all over and almost knocked me in the head while I was trying to read its ID tags. Now I understand why it's often pitbulls that you hear about in the news, attacking children...

Tonight Mer found a young robin chirping outside her window. It couldn't fly, and Tub may have gotten it. I'm guessing its death was inevitably going to come within about 24 hours if it didn't learn how to fly. Either by starvation or one of our pets.

No comments: