Wednesday, July 23, 2003

A good day, after all the happys and unhappys have gone through the old Hedonic calculus. I went cleaning with Mum, then to the eye doctor. Another -.25 in both eyes. Everything is a bit more clear around the edges now, the first thing I saw after putting in the new contacts this evening was a reflection in the mirror of trees in the side yard. All the leaves are more defined, and the ripples off the mountain, as seen from the porch, look a little bit more like some end of the rainbow destination.

In further news of gaining clarity, I am, for the first time in 5 years, single. Mer says "single and loooooving it!" but let's face it, I've never been too aggressive in going after anyone.

So, to the happys of the day: Mum and I went swimming in Kingsley Lake, I did actually swim, no flotation devices involved. The water was blue green like a glacier lake (even though it's just a man made reservoir, like Laurance Lake). Mer got her jeep today, and it's lovely and cushy and I'm pea green with envy. Maybe someday within the next few years I'll have a car and know how to drive it? Mer and I floated down the ditch again, but it was not quite so hot so we were cold (Not, as the annoying Lee girls down the street would put it, a case of the water actually being significantly warmer or cooler).

I met Nibbles the, er, mixed breed little dog today. He's cute, and he really does have a red nose, just like Mom said.

No comments: