Thursday, July 24, 2003

Almost forgot...

I was trying to get a plane ticket today to get to and from Bradley, but the website, once again, wasn't working. So I called with all the info of the flight I found, and had to wait while the woman on the other end of the line realized that her system was down, too. Right before I confirmed all the flight and payment details, she asked: "Rebecca, what's your major in?"

"English, actually..."

"Oh, I was thinking you were a business major."

"That'd probably be more lucrative - "

"You just had all the information of the flights and days and you seemed so definite on everything, and since you said you were flying back to college I just thought you were a business major."

"Well thanks - "

Weird, right? And I'm impressionable enough that an off hand comment like that made me wonder, "should I be a business major?" I was nice and polite on the phone, as I always am (at least while on the phone), but the only reason I had all the flight information was because I had just looked it up online. Oh well, so now if English AND bartending fall through, I can answer telephones?

No comments: