Tuesday, July 22, 2003

Ahh... hmmm... Didn't update yesterday. Mer was going up to Lost Lake to go camping with her girlfriends and Jodi's cousin, Mom was taking so long to go up there too that I just went with Merrie. I helped them set up the tent, and we all went floating about in the lake. Jodi's cousin, Bobby, and Chelsea, paddled all the way across the lake and back. We couldn't find Mom anywhere, but we did find the jeep by accident...Anyway, we communicated via notes stuck in the jeep's back windshield wiper, and Mom found our campsite. I actually swam a little, and it's exhilarating after so long, I want to go back and go further. It's been probably a year or two since I swam.

Last night we decided that I'm staying here till the last minute before I need to go back to MHC, and we think we sold Tim's house. He basically got out of a legally binding contract with a late night phone call before the thing had time to "cement." He'd signed, yesterday, papers promising the realtors 7% of what his house is sold for, regardless of how the buyer finds out about the house. But, with a call made late, late enough for Mom and I to wonder if it was really following etiquette to do it, he wiggled out of the contract saying he'd already sold it and didn't need their help any longer (Tim's free of the contract says the lawyer, and the realtors have backed off). Yay, new house will within a couple of years be a reality!

Today Mom & I went cleaning at Grammy's. Told her & Grandpa that I'm trying to apply for a traveling scholarship, so she gave me her journal from her trips with Grandpa on business in the 60s and 70s. Wow. Looked under London, she mentioned going to Picadilly Circus soon after arriving, Westminster, King's Cross, Buckingham Palace, Tower of London... all the "must see" things... They went to Dublin, too... She's all excited. I hope I stand some sort of chance, it's hard to get all excited about something that may not actually happen.

Mer & I floated today, and we were "racing" down the ditch when a couple of guys walking by, well, just kind of stared. I said hi but they were apparently too shocked or confused to reply. Then we saw a guy and a girl. Oh well. Mer didn't know them.

Did I say this already? Mer's getting a new jeep, thanks to Linda (Tim's sister in law) and Grammy & Grandpa's willingness to loan some money out. Yay for Mer, the oil guzzler will soon be retired! And Grammy sent the cutest card to wish Mer well on this new car adoption...

No comments: