Thursday, July 10, 2003

I had to say goodbye to Mr. Fluffy Pants today, Mer & I are now back to being Miller Road based. Finished The Crying... & now not sure what to start. I've been looking for info. on the GRE's and how people go about getting into a grad school. Realized I can still do the regular GRE stuff that looks like the SATs, but that I need practice with the "find the opposite" section (sounds like a Sesame St. game, doesn't it?) As for the English subject test... I wish I could get a copy of a past test... That's going to be hellish to study for. Talking to Mom, if I can get INTO a grad school, somewhere in OR or CA would be best. I want to be within driving distance.

Yesterday we went on our hike finally. We had the goal of "Elk Cove" but stopped at Inspiration Point. Looking for I.P. followed the model of "you'll keep thinking maybe this is it, but you'll know it when you see it." A stack of vegetation covered rocks, that juts out toward Mt. Hood, a shockingly perfect view. We sat and ate chocolate and cherries, Merrie scaled down into a steep slope meadow and Mom worried she'd somehow go tumbling down. A nice hike, but next time we need bug spray. Another hiker found a baby bunny and me and Mer saw it before Nook scared it away. A bitty fur ball, it would fit in just one of my hands (and I have small hands).

Mer and I watched Austin Powers Goldmember last night, we actually liked it better than the others. Sure some jokes get repeated, but the star appearances were great. Tom Cruise actually looked like Myers in that get-up...

I'm going up on Saturday morning to find out more about a position as a chair lift operator at Cooper Spur. It'd be an easy job for 8$/hr, and very part time so I could still go off and do things without worrying about being home right away. We'll see...

No comments: