Thursday, August 14, 2003

Showering this evening, I couldn't remember what I did yesterday. Pero me recuerdo ahora! I cleaned with Mom in the morning and in the afternoon at Grammy's. Then Mer & I had simultaneous ortho. appointments. Verdict: Looking good, but keep wearing the damn wire and retainer. BLAH. Last night, I worked on my hypothetical Great Britain trip.

Today? Well, I cleaned with Mom again, and then we picked up Merrie & Lacey (and Lacey's dog, Chiona) for a wild lake tour. We stopped off at Kingsley (where I did indeed swim), but when the wind picked up and we'd eaten all the junk food we could stand, we piled into the jeep again and started driving on gravel washboard roads. Mom got us to Rainy Lake (rather like a mini Trillium Lake) and then to Black Lake (shallow, pretty, huckleberries growing nearby). All evening I've been working on my hypothetical trip. I think tomorrow or the next day I'll finish that, then I need to finish Catch-22, so that I can read The Dubliners before I get back to MHC.

I'm going to miss everyone going abroad-- the more I think about it, the more I wish they weren't going!! I'm too selfish to let everyone go! =(

Going shopping tomorrow in The Dalles --

No comments: