Friday, August 08, 2003

Busy busy. Mer & I watched About a Boy (highly recommended, a funny & quirky drama that is not overly sentimental) and most of Blue Crush (a mindless film with great shots of surfing). I love the movie channels. Our charge, Kona the cat, is lovey dovey and has a tendency to hug you if on your lap. Mer & I have been enjoying our time away... there's a nice pond in the back with fish.

Yesterday, after cleaning with Mum, I started getting ready for the evening. The plan was to attend Audrey & Jo's 21st birthday dinner, and then go to Families in the Park to meet up with Mer & Dad. The dinner ran over so I missed the latter event, but I had too much fun seeing everyone again to worry about that. We met up at Brian's Pourhouse; I was the first one there. Then Audrey, Joanna, & Brenna came in, so we were all seated. Miss Pruitt & Jessica came too, so it was a perfect sized group. I'd never been to this restaurant, but after a yummy salad and decadent chocolate cheese cake, I'm completely sold on it. It's a little more expensive than the Crazy Pepper, but much more elegant. We spent a bit over 2 hours there, a full evening experience. Definitely enjoyed seeing Audrey & Jo order real drinks!

Jessica brought me over to Dad's, and Mer & I went back up to the house we're "sitting." We watched the last half hour of About a Boy again, and then I fell right asleep.

Today I've cleaned with Mum, again, and the plan for this evening is to eat dinner up at the house and watch The Princess Diaries. I haven't seen it, and those Disney movies are so cute and mindless... and I want to vegetate a bit before I go back to school.

No comments: