Friday, August 15, 2003

Long day of shopping. Mom & I did a quick job of cleaning the fire house, and then we headed off to The Dalles for some, well, fun. I had secret things to buy for Kathleen, which I shall not post here, of course. And Mer & I bought clothes and accessories, at about three different stores. With a $10 off coupon I "bought" myself a pair of mules for under $7 (at the cost of free, who could resist?) and a skimpy glittery black thong for Mer (ha!). Anyway, it was exciting. I found a bungee day planner to match my bungee notebooks (uh, don't ask why I need a bungee cord around my notebook, like it's some disaster of papers that must be bound together or will all fall away).

We tried that over advertised southwest chicken caesar salad at Wendy's. Mer & I got the giggles and made everyone else in the place feel uncomfortable. Big old bowl of roughage.

Finished my hypothetical journey just now, comes to a grand total of $4,793.62. I budgeted sixteen pounds per day for food... I was thinking twenty at first, but really, breakfast should be like three or four pounds, and each meal between five and seven, if I go to cheaper places... Ahh... so, the finished itinerary reads: London, Bath, Moreton-on-Marsh, Cardiff, Conwy, Caernarfon, Dublin, Liverpool, Blackpool, Keswick, Durham & Hadrian's Wall, Edinburgh, York, Cambridge, & Dover. May try to squeeze in Glastonbury somewhere... maybe a day trip.

Tired now, to beddy bye...

No comments: