Thursday, June 26, 2003

Busily house-sitting at the Fosters: watering berry bushes, corn, flowers, chicks (as in baby chickens), etc; collecting eggs and cooking... you get the idea. Yesterday I decided I was tired of being as white as an albino fish's belly, so I sat out in the sun awhile. Somehow, in probably just the evening sun, I pinked my thighs and upper back. Doomed to either a ghostliness or an unhealthy cooked lobster color. I think a $30 a week trip to the salon for bottled tan isn't, well, worth it. Plus, who would see me? The chickens don't care. Oh, the chicks were panting today, that was strange. All of them. Huffing all on different in-out timers. We turned off the heat lamp, as it was kind of ridiculous to have a heat lamp on in 95 degree weather for chicks in a greenhouse.

I helped Mer water at the Jacksons' house today, too... The place definitely looks like what I'd expect Mrs. Jackson to live in, very pretty and cheerful. (She was my junior year English teacher, Mer's French teacher).

Soon to start a new book I think, which will I hope go much much faster. I won't have to read every other sentence two or three times, or worry as much about whether or not I'm "getting" things.

For Kathleen: Of all the candy at McIsaac's store, I picked flavored tootsie rolls =) But only because they were on sale!

No comments: