Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Some of you may have noticed that I sometimes "edit" my blog if I have a mistake. This is due partly to my own re-reading, but recently Andrew has taken to editing my blog (apparently editing my personal statement for grad school ten separate times just wasn't enough for him!) Of course, the irony in all this is that I was at my English language class when Andrew sent me these IMs. (But, as we talked about in said class, there are different discourse communities that we participate in, each with varying levels of formality... Obviously my blog is toward the "informal" side of that spectrum...) So if you were confused when reading my last post, no worries, I've made a few edits.

Andrew: honey! sudafed is used to make "speed", not "crack"!!! :-)
Auto response from Pink Poodledog: english language class, then back here...
Andrew: crack = bad street drug
Andrew: speed = conceptual artist drug of choice (according to sedaris)
Andrew: :-D
Andrew: also i think you wrote "i'm not sooo addicted to that show" instead of "i'm NOW soo..."
Andrew: sorry to have taken to editing your blog, but that sorta changes the meaning :-)

No comments: