Friday, June 08, 2007

A Modest Proposal

After this foot-in-mouth moment, brought to us by NYT:

NASA administrator Michael D. Griffin said Friday that he regretted having sparked a furor last week when, in an interview with National Public Radio, he said he was not sure climate change “is a problem we must wrestle with.”


I've come upon a novel idea. I think it will solve all our problems with the political ramifications of global warming.

Everyone who doesn't believe global warming is happening, or that it's not something we should worry about, or that, you know, it's not nearly as important as the latest news on Paris's stay in prison (this last being the catch-all for the most apathetic among us) --

All of you, move to the coastlines.

The rest of us? We're taking the highlands.

2 comments:

Ricki said...

I'm going to the highlands with you!

Nita said...

Honestly, I don't really know or care much about global warming. I don't know if it's really that important in the large scheme of immediate issues. That being said, I think we should all try to be resptful of our environment and work to preserve the natural beauties we have been given. Should I move to coast?