Wednesday, January 24, 2007

PWR takes over my life

Currently under way is the consumption of my life by the PWR program. Lesson plans, xeroxing, uploading documents to the course website, reading papers, conferencing with students... Oh yes, and I'm supposed to be taking two grad classes on the Frankfurt School & Henry James.

Luckily, my students are amazing. Even if my lesson plan for today was derailed in light of their anxieties over a bibliography that isn't due for two weeks, and which is actually the most straight forward assignment (perhaps that's what's bothering them?)

Anyway, just wanted to document what I've done this week.

Monday: teaching in the morning, followed by lunch, class on Henry James, job talk, finishing Lukacs essay and writing a response, etc.

Tuesday: designing lesson plan, Frankfurt class, xeroxing for PWR, lesson planning & reading essay till 1 am

Weds: teaching, lunch, reading student papers, conferencing, dinner, now more student papers.

I think I'm going to make up for being insanely busy by drinking too much espresso & eating lots of starch & sugar.

No comments: