Saturday, October 14, 2006

5 day weekends

So I haven't updated in over a week. And I did do some interesting things lately:

- Namely, went into SF w/ the cohort to see a play, Travesties. I loved it. I had no idea how they would stage it, especially since one needs quite a bit of background to understand what the hell is going on. You've got Lenin, Joyce, and Tzara bouncing around during WW1, filtered through the (failing) memory of Henry Carr, organized around the structure of Wilde's The Importance of Being Earnest. And if you don't have that play in the back of your mind, I imagine it makes very little to no sense. Anyways, the perfect play for 2nd years to see post-quals. So the production did some kitschy things to signal when Carr's memory is on replay, and the set was awesome. Moving picture frames, a library cart rolling around the stage, etc.

- Desperate Housewives nights.

- Trips to the eye vision center. Amazingly, my eyes didn't deteriorate over the summer. Now my right eye has finally caught up with the left, so I won't have to worry about keeping different prescriptions straight.

- Bar night after sexual harassment training (that is, training as to what to do about responding to concerns, not HOW to harass).

- Putting together my comp & rhetoric course for winter and spring quarters. My theme is "The Rhetoric of Fear."

- Ebaying. I decided to buy a vase. It's French shabby chic.

No comments: